Please find the detailed Agenda here. There you have the possibility to create your own personal agenda by adding and removing the items of the agenda.
The creative and interactive workshops are the special part of the Hands On! Conference 2021. We want to challenge the online format and create a unique and inspiring experience in small workshop groups.
All you need to know as a participant:
- We are offering 90 workshop spots.
- There is a maximum of 10 participants per workshop group.
- 9 Austrian institutions will host the 9 workshops.
- Each organisation that has purchased a full conference ticket will receive three workshop spots for 9, 10 and 11 November. The workshops can be attended by the same staff member or by 3 different staff members per day.
- Each day, each workshop group will take part in a workshop at a different institution so that they will get to know 3 institutions by the end of the conference.
- Workshops focus on the three questions of the future: How will we work in the future? For whom and with whom will we work? What will we offer our visitors in the future?
Who doesn't like surprises? That's why the participants will be divided into workshop groups by Hands On!. We make sure that the participants are well mixed so that exciting discussions can take place. All registered organisations will receive a beautiful handmade logbook. This box, designed by a Viennese artist, contains information, essential tools you will need during workshops and little surprises. After your registration, the box will be sent to you by post.
- ZOOM Children´s Museum
- When things look back at you
An architecture role play
- Interdisciplinary learning with digital tools.
- Community building/outreach in the field of diversity
- Kunsthalle Wien
- What emojis tell us. A live film experiment.
- Leopold Museum
- Self-empowerment strategies in educational museum practice.
- Dschungel Vienna
- How do we want to work? Together – and apart.
- FRida & freD
- Sometimes you have to think outside the box – along the lines of „passion over profession“, failure included.
- Kunsthaus Graz/Joanneum
- What is the action case?
Expert Circle is our virtual round table for Hands On! members and newcomers. Professionals from museums and institutions worldwide come together in small groups to exchange ideas and discuss current issues. Hands On! raises a question at the beginning that could be the starting point for an exciting discussion.
Parallel Sessions 1:
- Who's in a Family? Design for Including Family of All Kinds by Margaret Middleton
- Profiling children's museums: Past, Present, Future by Sarai Lenzberger
- Exhibit Design by Elisabeth Wohlschlager - FRida & freD
Parallel Sessions 2:
- Hands On!'s EU Project: 21st Century Children by Tereza Dobiášová Krejčí
- Children, Well-being and the transformative power of play and the arts by Antonella Russo-Ball and Kim Bryan
- Museums as agents of change, Molly Fannon, Museum for the UN